Friday, January 30, 2015

Monday Morning Jitters.


Alright!

For my first post I'll have to give you a little background of my current situation.

When I first came to Denver I had my ID stolen. Everything was stolen: birth certificate, social security card, etc. Even worse; since I had no photo ID of any sort and had never had a Colorado ID before I had to go back as far as ordering my high school transcritps and immunization records to prove my identity.

This was a big piece of the puzzle; I couldn't work a traditional job here without ID.

While l was gathering the docs needed for my Colorado license I did under-the-table work and odd jobs to keep afloat at the sober living arrangement where I am staying.

I also formed an LLC with another resident with a business idea that markets one of Google's new services to businesses.

We created the website from one of the (free) template. programs, set up insightly as the CRM, printed some cards and flyers, and are now up and running! The only problem is:

All of the nuts and bolts work is done and I will have to play "outside saales guy" for a while until I can recruit some sales people to replace me.

I balked yesterday and today with actually walking into businesses and setting up appointments for presentation of the service our company will provide.

I have faith in the service; it is the next great thing that Google is promoting and as I have mentioned the economy here in Denver is booming so businesses have money to dedicate to advertising. This service through Google is really cool. I won't mention what it is because I don't want to come accross as promoting it here.

That isn't what this page is about.

By putting my jitters to paper I hope to get the confidence to get up early Monday morning, get pretty (haha), and go play the role of outside sales guy.

Since I have made a decision to Start on Monday (it's Friday morning now), and I have also made the commitment to write a post every day here, I hope that it will give me some accountability in actually getting out there.

It would be pretty lame if the rags to riches guy, with such high hopes and aspirations, came back on Monday and posted that he chickened out.

I have done outside sales before (unsuccessfully), am pretty shy, but everyone that I talk to about this service gives a really good response...

but when I picture walking into a business, asking for the manager, and starting a conversation with an agenda, my heart starts beating out of my chest just at the thought of it.




I have to do this!

My partner in this is actively going out and closing deals. He doesn't expect me to have the same results (he is a salesperson), but since everything is all buttoned down as far as the administrative side we find ourselves with one goal:






Creating revenue by signing up new business.


I figure that I will have to start closing (at the minimum) one sale a week within two weeks to remain worthwhile to the business.

I will have to bite the bullet, get my feet wet, and hopefully come out surprised at my success on the other side.

I'll really be disappointed with myself if I don't go at it full-force on Monday and see what happens.

I'll post the results on Monday and name the post: It got real on Monday.

In the meantime I have met someone who is willing to fund starting Amazon FBA with me. I have done FBA a little in the past (follow-through and effort crippled by my habits), and could see FBA turning into a full time, lucrative business here in Denver.

I will explain Amazon FBA in my post tomorrow; its really cool and not like traditional selling on Amazon or Ebay. If you have any questions about Amazon FBA feel free to reach out in the comments.

The LLC promoting the Google service and my possible arrangement partnering with another guy doing Amazon FBA are my two entrepreneurial projects right now.

I feel both of these activities have the potential to grow into the magic "six figures" that I seek.

My short term goals to move these along are:

  • Have a successful meeting with the prospective partner for Amazon FBA tomorrow; He has a van and money for some starting inventory and the subscriptions for tools necessary to go at FBA seriously. Getting him on board would open the door to Amazon!

  • Muster the courage to go out on Monday and sell the Google service (the goal being at least three appointments for presentations later in the week). 


No comments:

Post a Comment